Starting out on your Bench of Life™ is a time where you begin to accomplish things at a young age. It is about feeling successful, excited and comfortable that you are on the right track. You are investing in yourself to have the future you want and need. Clients who are starting out in life can turn to us
New Job / New Benefits
Starting a new job is a time of optimism and enthusiasm. It may be your first foray into your adult career or a reward for years of hard work and performance. It is a time to make good financial decisions and strengthen your financial position. We can bring a valuable wealth of knowledge when you start your first job, a new job or new employee benefits. We help you understand the basics of your employee and executive benefits to make smart decisions that will impact your future. We educate you on every suggestion so you gain confidence moving forward on your bench of life.
- Reassessing your budget and savings plan
- Understanding or rebalancing your employee retirement plan
- Selecting health insurance options
- Taking command of your new employee benefits package (I.e., Group Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Long-Term Care insurance)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Understanding stock options and stock purchase plans
New Home / Moving
Buying a new home or making a move brings a tremendous sense of pride on your bench of life. It is an opportunity to create the future you want, live comfortably today and continue a nice lifestyle. We help you prepare your finances and budget for the home you envision for your future and your family.
- Balancing your budget,
- Estimating short- and long-term home repairs and maintenance (i.e., new furnace, roof, painting)
- Managing finances after buying your home or downsizing for retirement
- Being honest and cautious about overspending
Getting Married / Moving in Together
Getting married or building a life together gives you someone by your side to share your journeys on the bench of life. It also creates a need to properly integrate your finances as a couple. We help couples come together on the discussions they need to have, allowing them to delegate financial planning between them. We connect with each of you individually and personality-wise to discuss your intentions, savings and investment strategy and mutual goals. We help prepare you for the purchase of your home, a future wedding or the goals you envision for your future. We deliver a customized approach and personalized attention no matter what your level of wealth is or where you are on the bench of life together.
- Getting on the same page financially as a couple
- Integrating your finances
- Estate planning, beneficiary
planningand healthcare decision making
- Investment and retirement strategies – joint and individual
- Family and elder care planning
NPC does not render legal advice.
Preparing for parenthood is a beautiful and glorious event on your bench of life. It also involves a great deal of financial planning to create a sense of security. We help you gain greater control over your finances to ease the anxiety every new parent feels and give you the confidence to provide for your family’s future.
- Estimating medical, family planning or adoption costs
- Planning for
maternity / paternityleave
- Budgeting pre- and post your new arrival
- Planning for child care or day care expenses
- Life insurance, health
insuranceand guardianship planning
- Saving for his or her education
Preparing for a confident retirement is your reward for years of hard work. It is a diligent process based on your age, investments, expense management, tax exposure and health – to name a few. When you consider your retirement portfolio will need to support you for decades in retirement, these considerations become far more emotional and complex. We hope to be our clients’ trusted advisor, so they have a person to talk to who knows them and cares about them, instead of a random person answering and giving advice. We always communicate with you and stay on top of what is going on with your circumstances and your investments. We value you as
NPC does not render tax advice.
As a new entrepreneur, it is important to maintain a strong personal financial position. You have many years ahead of you on the bench of life, so it is vital to keep an eye forward on your net worth. Many new entrepreneurs tend to have their liquid assets tied up in the business as they balance multiple priorities. We bring them advice that keeps them on top of critical financial decisions. We hope our clients never feel alone in managing their priorities and staying focused on their life journey. We are available and accessible when you need us. We enjoy our friendship with you through the years just as much as the business relationship.
- Strengthening personal and business finances
- Having a risk management plan in place
- Managing credit, spending and budgeting
- Executive benefits and personal retirement planning
- Establishing emergency savings